Krounchasana is a SANSKRIT word that means krouncha means ''Heron'' and Asana means ''Pose''. This asana is also known as ''Heron Pose'' in English. This pose stretches the front of the ankles and the joints and muscles of the legs. The pose helps to encourage the abdominal organs, which tone and improve digestion.
Proper sit in Dandasana. Draw your right side leg back by bending at the knee. place the right leg beside the right side hip joint, so that the inner right calf touches the outer right side thigh. Keep the knees together. Breathe out, bend the left side knee, and hold the left leg with your hands. Stretch the leg up vertically, Straight back and breath normally. Breath out, draw your head and trunk towards you, and grasp your right wrist with your left hand. Keep your chin on your left knee. Stay in the pose for 23 to 30 seconds taking deep breaths.
Benefits of Krounchasana yoga:
There are the most important health benefits of Krounchasana are,
1. Regular practices of Krounchasana help to reduce flatulence and stomach gas.
2. Krounchasana activates the Manipura chakra. this chakra helps to increase power, confidence, and self-esteem.
3. This asana performs sitting on the knees, which causes the knee muscles to stretch and it becomes to reduce the pain of your knees, and strengthens leg muscles.
4. This pose is the best for enlarging the hips. regular practices of this asana spreading your thighs.
5. This asana helps to increase spinal flexibility and provides relief in back pain.
6. This asana provides a good stretch to the spine and shoulders.
7. Regular practice of this asana helps to strengthen your neck, shoulder, and back muscles. This asana is also good for your abs.
8. perform at the time of Krounchasana forward-leaning and bending towards to toe along with breathing opens the mental blocks and relaxes the mind.
Step by step Krounchasana yoga:
1. Sit on the floor, with the legs extended straight in front. (Step 1)
2. Curve the right leg at the knee and move the right foot back. Put the right foot by the side of the hip joint, keep the toes pointing back and rest all of them on the floor. The inside of the right calf will touch the outer side of the right thigh. Join the knees together.
3. Breath out, curve the left knee, bend the left foot with both hands and raise the left leg up vertically. (Step 2)
4. Extend out the left leg fully and keep the back erect. After a few breaths in this position, exhale, move the head and trunk forward and at the same time try and bring the left leg nearer and rest the chin on the knee of the left leg. (Step 3 and 4)
5. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds, with deep breaths. Do not lift the bent knee off the floor while the chin is touching the knee of the lifted leg.
6. Breath In, move the head and trunk back (Step 1), lower the left leg, release the hands, bring the right leg straight forward and return to position
7. Repeat the pose on the other side, bending the left knee and placing the left foot by the left hip joint and raising the right leg up. Stay for an equal length of time on this side also.