Upavistha Konasana is a SANSKRIT word that means Upavisthta means "Sitting" or ''Seated". Asana means "Pose".This is also said as "wide-Angle seated forward bend,'' in English. Upavistha Konasana is an excellent asana to stretch your legs. It works on your spine, hips, thighs, shoulders, neck, and hamstrings. This asana is great for the lower back and also good old detox for the kidneys. This is the best pose to start or the end of the day.
Proper sit on dandasana. Breathe out and open the legs wide. reach out through your heels and press through the balls of the leg. Draw the thigh muscles up. lift your chest and extend your spine. extend the pelvis and keep the length in your spine as you walk your hands forward between your legs. Reach through down the head of the crown towards your leg. breathe out, slowly deep into the floor. Stay in the pose for 30 seconds and relax few minutes and start again with the same steps.
Benefits of Upavistha Konasana yoga:
There are the most important health benefits of Upavistha Konasana:
1. Upavistha Konasana helps to stretch the legs.
2. This pose helps to strengthen your vertebral columns.
3. This pose helps to detoxify your kidneys.
4. Regular practices of Upavistha Konasana help to stimulate your abdominal organs.
5. Continued practices of Upavistha Upavistha Konasana release groins too.
6. This asana helps to strengthen your spine.
7. This asana helps to cure and relieve asthma and asthma and sciatica.
8. This poses help to Stretches your hamstrings.
9. This pose also relieves insomnia problems and calms your mind with positive energy.
10. Upavistha Konasana helps to relieve fatigue and mental stress.
Step by step Upavistha Konasana yoga:
1. Sit on the floor with the legs extended straight in front. (Step 1)
2. Move the legs sideways one by one and widen the distance between them as far as you can. Keep the legs stretched throughout and see that the back of the entire legs rests on the floor.
3. Catch the big toes between the respective thumbs and index and middle fingers.
4. Keep the spine erect and extend the ribs. Pull the diaphragm up and Stay in the posture for a few seconds with deep breaths. (Step 2)
5. Breath out, bend forward and rest the head on the floor. (Step 3) Then extend the neck and place the chin on the floor. (Step 4).
6. Then, clasp the feet with the hands and try to rest the chest on the floor. (Step 5.) Stay in this position from 30 to 6o seconds with normal breathing. 7. Breath in, raise the trunk off the floor (Step 6) and release the hold on the feet, bring them together and relax.
8. Hold the left foot with both hands, exhale and rest the chin on the left knee. (Step 7) breath in and raise the head and trunk. Now catch the right foot and with a breath out rest the chin on the right knee. Inhale, raise the head and trunk, release the hands, bring the feet together and relax.