Purvottanasana 1 is a SANSKRIT word that means Purva means "East", UT means "Intense" Tan means "Stretch" and Asana means "Pose". This is also said that "Upward Plank Pose" in English. This pose helps to strengthen the spine, abdomen, and shoulders, reduce lower body fat, Improve digestion, help to remove stress, strengthen ankles, hip, knee, and thigh muscles, and helps to reduce back pain, and reproductive organs.
Proper sit on Dandasana. Put on your hands behind your hips and your fingers should face towards your leg. Slowly breathe out, push the floor with your hand and leg and try to fit lift up your hips and upper body from the floor. Make sure that straight your hand and hips should parallel to the shoulder. up your hips as high as possible and make sure your knee should be straight. Breathe normally, Hold in this position 3 to 4 breaths. then relax and start again with the same steps.
Benefits of Purvottanasana 1 yoga:
There are the most important health benefits of Purvottanasana are,
1. Purvottanasana is an increase that strengthens the muscles of the body, especially the shoulders, ankles, wrists, and thighs.
2. This pose helps to strengthen the respiratory system and relieve Asthma diseases.
3. Continues practices of this asana are helpful for all gynaecological disorders.
4. This poses helpful to better functioning of the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
5. This Asana helps to give relief from stress, tension, and anxiety as it refreshes the cells of the brain.
6. Regular practices of this asana helps to burn belly fat and give a good body shape posture.
7. Purvottanasana pose is an excellent counter pose for a four-limbed staff pose.
8. This pose helps to stimulate the reproductive organs in the body and it improves the strength of the hips, calf, and thigh muscles, and all these body parts are very useful for optimal sexual performance.
Step by step Purvottanasana 1 yoga:
1. Sit on the floor with the legs stretched tight in front. Place the palms on the floor by the hips, with the fingers pointing in the direction of the feet. (Step 1)
2. Curve the knees and place the soles and heels on the floor.
3. Take the pressure of the body on the hands and feet, exhale and lift the body off the floor. Straighten the arms and the legs and keep the knees and elbows tightened. (Step 2)
4. The arms will be straight upward to the floor from the wrists to the shoulders. From the shoulders to the pelvis, the trunk will be parallel to the floor.
5. Extend the neck and throw the head as far back as possible.
6. Stay in this posture for one minute, breathing in normally.
7. Breath out, bend the elbows and knees, lower the body to sit on the floor and relax.