also knowns as Pendant Pose. Lola means tremulous, moving to and fro or dangling like an ear-ring. The hands are put on the floor by the side of the hips and the body is hold up and supported only by the hands and wrists. Then one balances swaying slightly forward and backward, the movement resembling that of a dangling pendant. Lolasana provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stay on the floor with the feet extended straight in front. (Step 1)
2. Place the palms on the floor by the side of the hips.
3. Raise the seat, bend the right knee back, place the right sole beneath the left buttock and sit on it.
4. Bend the left knee back and again raising the seat, place the left sole beneath the right buttock and sit on it.
5. The legs will be crossed so that the right shin is above the left shin. Keep the toes facing backwards. (Step 2)
6. Take a few breaths. Exhale, raise the trunk and legs off the floor and balance on the hands, stretching out the arms. (Step 3.) Gently rock the trunk and legs forwards and backwards. Breathe normally.
7. Rest on the floor and uncross the legs.
8. Recross the legs the other way and again balance on the hands.
9. Balance as long as possible.
Lolasana Improves concentration, very beneficial in learning to control and balance one’s body. Lolasana strengthens the wrists and hands, the muscles of the back and the abdominal organs. It makes the leg muscles elastic and the minor muscles of the arms will be developed and toned. It also Tones the body and helpful in removing excess belly fat.Lolasana is Yoga For Arm Strength