Jackfruit is also known as the jack tree, its scientific name is Artocarpus heterophyllus. Jackfruit native in India. The fruit has an exciting look. it looks like an avocado. Jackfruit is the largest tree fruit all over the world. The taste like a smooth and candy peach-colored. The fruit has a unique flavor. The jackfruit is multiple fruits of hundreds to thousands of individual flowers. The wood of the jackfruit tree is used to make musical instruments and furniture.
Nutrition of Jackfruit fruit:
Jackfruit Nutrition Facts Serving Per one Cup
Calories: 155, Carbs: 40 grams, Fiber: 3 grams, Protein: 3 grams, Vitamin A: 10% of the RDI, Vitamin C: 18% of the RDI, Riboflavin: 11% of the RDI, Magnesium: 15% of the RDI, Potassium: 14% of the RDI, Copper: 15% of the RDI, Manganese: 16% of the RDI
Benefits of Jackfruit:
There are the most important benefits of controlling blood sugar, Immune system, Combating pathogens, high antioxidants properties, Reducing inflammation, Improving the digestion system, and Support Heart Health.
1. Controlling blood sugar:
Jackfruit leaf extract is taken from tea it may help to control blood sugar in normal. Jackfruit leaf or stem bark extracts lowered fasting blood sugar levels, Improved sugar, and increased blood insulin levels. This antidiabetic activity help to control blood sugar.
2. Boosts immune system:
Jackfruit has three compounds Phenols, flavonoids, and lectins which help to strengthen the immune system in the body. The jackfruit seeds lectins increased white blood cells in the bone marrow of rats. and protect against virus and flu.
3. Combats Pathogens:
1. Bacteria: Jackfruit has broad-spectrum antibacterial activity against bacteria. It protects against bacteria. Antibacterial properties may help to protect the bacteria.
2. Viruses: Jackfruit lectin, blocked human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection of immune system cells by binding to the surface.
3. Fungi: Jackfruit seeds help to stop the growth of three fungi Fusarium moniliforme, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and Paracoccidioides brasiliensis.
4. Parasites: Jackfruit lectins increased the elimination of the parasite Leishmania major from human white blood cells. The lectins increased mediators of pancreatic enzymes (elastase), cell inflammation (TNF-α and IL-1β), and elevated antimicrobial activity in the cells. It helps to fight health diseases.
4. Good Antioxidants properties:
The antioxidant activity of jackfruit is phenolic and flavonoid content. This content protects against cancer diseases, free radicals, and other health problems.
5. Reduce inflammation:
Jackfruit peel extracts the COX-1 inflammatory mediator in rats. Isolated flavonoids inhibited mediators associated with inflammation and septic shock.
6. Improve digestion system:
The high fiber content in jackfruit pulp may help to prevent and maintain the constipation system and smoothly healthy bowel movements. Jackfruit seed contains prebiotic fiber that may help to fight against bacteria in the digestive system.
7. Support Heart health:
Jackfruit leaf extracts lower cholesterol, This was likely due to the high content of antioxidant flavonoids in the extracts.
Side Effect of Jackfruit:
There are some minor side-effects on health,
1. Allergy in people who suffer from birch pollen allergic or latex allergy reactions.
2. Diabetes patients may have problems may use jackfruit, firstly consult the doctor.
3. Jackfruit seeds may also affect sexual life such as inhibiting libido, sexual arousal, sexual vigour, and sexual performance.
4. People who may suffer blood clotting problems, are not suggested to intake jackfruit.
Nutrients of Jackfruit, Portions of Jackfruit and Jackfruit Ingredients
|Food Description||Food Category|