Lemon is a plant. The Fruit, Juice, and Peel are used to make cooking and medicine. Lemon is also used for common cold and flu, H1N1 flu, and kidney stones. it is also used to prevent the digestion system, reduce pain and swelling, and improve the function of blood vessels.
Lemon is used as a food to add flavoring ingredients like drinks, desserts, and meals, Many restaurants serve lemon as food routinely, and people also use lemon tea to refresh the body.
The lemon is round, Scientific name is Citrus Lemon. and it is native to North-Eastern India. One glass of lemon water containing one 48-gram lemon, squeezed, contains:
18.6-mg of vitamin C,
0.06-mg of vitamin B-5,
0.01-mg of vitamin B-2,
0.01-mg of vitamin B-1,
49.4-mg of Potassium,
0.038-mg of Iron, and
9.6-mcg of Folate
Benefits of Lemon Fruits:
There are the most important health benefits of Lemon Fruits are support heart-healthy, a powerhouse of vitamin C, helpful for weight loss, Citric acid may help prevent kidney stones, Improving digestion system, Acne Treatment,
1. Support Heart health:
Lemons are a good source of vitamin C which helps to reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Vitamin C is good for the heart. One Lemon provides 31 mg of vitamin C which is 51% of the daily intake. Lemon reduces heart diseases.
Lemons plant compounds are found in hesperidin and diosmin which are helpful to lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart diseases.
2. Powerhouse of vitamin C
Vitamin C helps the body synthesize collagen, absorb iron and produce hormones. The antioxidant helps protect cells from damaging free radicals. Not consuming enough vitamin C may cause infections, dry skin, mouth and eyes, and fatigue. Lemon is full of vitamin C. so, everyone should intake daily consumption of lemon it is very health beneficial.
3. Helpful to weight loss:
Lemon water may help to decrease weight loss. Regularly intake of lemon drinking water may be helpful to reduce weight loss. Lemon also used beverages like juice soda, soft drinks, sweetened water, and energy drinks.
4. Citric acid may help prevent kidney stones:
The citric acid content in lemon may help prevent kidney stone problems. Paradoxically makes urine less acidic and may remove small stones in the kidney. Lemon juice contains citric acid, however, large amounts may be needed to increase urine's pH. Lemon water is the best for kidney stones.
5. Aid Digestion:
Drinking lemon water daily before meals may help improve the digestion system. Lemon juice has been a source to boost gastric acid secretion, a digestive fluid produced in the stomach which improves the digestion system. Lemon juice is the best water for the digestion system.
6. Acne Treatment:
Lemon juice has rich in astringent qualities due to its acidic level. A low pH level can help decrease inflammation and oil may control acne. Citric acid, a type of alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), may help break dead skin cells that may lead to non-inflammatory forms of acne, like blackheads.
Side effects of Lemon Juice:
There are some minor side effects of Lemon Juice,
1. Skin irritation: Lemon is full of acidic, it may create excessive dryness, redness, and skin peeling
2. Phytophotodermatitis is one kind of skin reaction to citrus fruits and culprits like parsley, celery, and carrot plants. Citrus substances on your skin and skin is exposed to UV rays, an inflammatory reaction may occur. it may create redness, swelling, and blistering.
3. Chemical leukoderma also known as vitiligo, occurs when your skin is lightened due to a loss of melanin, it is responsible for creating your natural skin color. people may also use lemon to lighten dark spots, large widespread white leukoderma spots may develop.
4. Never apply lemon juice before going outside in direct sunlight, Citrus fruits applied topically can also increase your risk of sunburn.
Nutrients of Lemon, Portions of Lemon and Lemon Ingredients
|Food Description||Food Category|