also knowns as Reclining Hero Pose. Supta means lying down. In this asana one reclines back on the floor and stretches the arms behind the head. Supta Virasana provided to you by YogaIQ
1. Sit in Virasana. (Step 1)
2. breath out, recline the torso back and place the elbows one by one on the floor. (Step 2)
3. Relieve the pressure on the elbows one after the other by extending the arms.
4. At first relax the crown of the head on the floor. (Step 3) eventually rest the back of the head and then the back on the floor7 (Step 4) Take the arms over the head and stretch them out straight. (Step 5) Hold this pose as long as you can while breathing deeply. Then place the arms beside the trunk, press the elbows to the floor and sit up again with an exhalation.
5. The hands may be extended over the head or placed either sides of the thighs. When they are extended over the head, do not raise the houlderblades from the floor.
6. Beginners may keep the knees apart.
Supta Virasana helps Stretches the abdomen, thighs and deep hip, flexors (psoas), knees, and ankles, Strengthens the arches, Relieves tired legs, Improves digestion, Helps relieves the symptoms of menstrual pain. This asana stretches the abdominal organs and the pelvic region. People whose legs ache will get relief from holding this pose for 10 to 1 5 minutes and it is recommended to athletes and all who have to walk or stand about for long hours. It can be done after meals and if before retiring at night the legs feel rested next morning. Supta Virasana is Yoga For Legs Pain Menstrual Pain.