Mangosteen is an exotic, tropical fruit. It is a slightly sweet and slightly sour flavor. It is native to Southeast Asia but has also grown around the world. It can be fresh, canned, or dried. It is also used in medical value. Ripe mangosteen is a deep purple color, and the juicy inner flesh is bright white.
Nutritional Value of Mangosteen fruits:
100 grams of mangosteen (196 grams) contains:
Benefits of Mangosteen Fruits:
There are the most important health benefits of Mangosteen fruits are that may prevent cancer, Control blood sugar, Boost immune power, Good for health, have high antibacterial properties, and have Good for heart disease.
1. Prevent Cancer cells:
Mangosteen plants have found xanthones organic compounds. Xanthones have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which may help to prevent and treat cancer cells. Xanthones include antithrombotic, anti-cancer, and antioxidative properties. This property may prevent cancer, diabetes, and blood pressure. Mangosteen also contains Vitamin C and folate. it is a helpful fight against cancerous cells.
2. Controls Blood Sugar:
Insulin is responsible for controlling the sugar level. Blood pressure creates an imbalance in blood glucose levels, and it comes from diabetes. Mangosteen is helpful to control blood sugar.
3. Improve immune system:
Mangosteen is a high source of vitamin C. Vitamin C is called ascorbic acid and is water-soluble. It maintains a healthy immune system.
It fights against harmful bacteria, viruses, germs, colds, infections, and toxins. Vitamin C's robust immune system fight against harmful health diseases. All people must intake consumption of vitamin C per day. Folate is a type of vitamin B. It helps to produce healthy cells in our bodies and improve the immune system.
4. Good for Skin:
Mangosteen is rich in anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nature which is the best for healthy skin. An antioxidant agent helps to repair damaged skin and youthful skin. Antioxidants can help prevent fine lines, wrinkles, loose skin, skin pigmentation, and acne breakouts and give neutralizing free radicals.
5. Antibacterial Properties:
Mangosteen has rich antimicrobial properties which are helpful to reduce bacteria and fungi. Mangosteen contains xanthones that prevent bacteria like E. coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa on the skin, pneumonia, and joint infections. Mangosteen property fights against various bacteria.
Side effects of Mangosteen Fruits:
There are some minor side effects of mangosteen fruits,
1. Mangosteen consumption may raise the risk of bleeding after surgery. It is not intaken before and after two weeks of the surgery.
2. Lactic acidosis is a medical disorder that occurs when the body’s lactate levels get too high. Due to this happens low pH in the bloodstream. The symptoms of this disease such as fatigue and nausea. If we don't care about this problem, it increases the serve build-up of acid in the body and also adverse effects such as shock and death.
3. Chemotherapy patients may avoid these fruits because it is an adverse effect on cancer treatment.
4. Sometimes may cause gastrointestinal issues such as bloating, diarrhea, gastric reflux, and constipation.
5. The derivatives of mangosteen caused increased depression and sedation.
Nutrients of Mangosteen, Portions of Mangosteen and Mangosteen Ingredients
|Food Description||Food Category|