Paryankasana Yoga is a SANSKRIT word, that means Paryanka means denotes 'a couch, bed or sofa' and Asana means 'Pose'. It is also called Couch Pose in English. The couch pose is a supine yoga pose. This pose helps to release the tension of upper body muscles after the forward bend poses. This pose focus on opening the hips, and shoulders and improving the overall fitness. This yoga helps to reduce tension and increase body flexibility.
Paryankasana yoga starts with lying down on the mat with your back flat, legs extended out straight, and keeping your hands at your sides. Bend your right knee and fold your leg back, the side of your right hip. same repeat for the left side. then both legs are folded, try to keep your knees together and ensure that your neck, head, and your body are aligned. Stretch your arms and elbows out to the back and bend your elbows to fold your hands. Concentrate on your breath. slowly breathe in and breathe out. Your thighs, knees, and ankles stretch during the time of yoga. perform this yoga for a minimum of 30 seconds and slowly return back to starting position. Take a resting breath in and out and relax.
Benefits of Paryankasana Yoga:
1. Paryankasana yoga is the best pose for flexibility of the entire leg such as ankles, and knees. Continued practicing helps the flexibility of the knees and the ankles deeper in the body.
2. This pose creates a high stretch at top of the thigh area at the quadricep muscles and stretch may help to improve the flexibility of these muscles.
3. This yoga helps to open the chest and lungs. Continued to perform yoga increases oxygen in the body and strengthens the chest and lungs. definitely better work and give positive energy.
4. Paryankasana yoga helps to improve the abdominal organs. It helps to be beneficial for the functioning of internal organs functions of the abdomen and improves the digestive system.
5. This pose helps to control blood pressure in the body.
6. This yoga is important for the vocal cords, throat, and tongue. the deep stretch at the chest, neck, and lungs gets expanded. this activity may help to improve blood flow in the body and fight against infection and other health diseases.
7. Paryankasana helps to reach fresh blood to the brain and removes mental stress. This pose helps to reduce physical and mental stress and increase positive energy
8. This position also helps to relieve menstrual pain in women. It also helps to reduce cramps and pain.
Step by step Paryankasana yoga:
1. Sit in Virasana. (Step 1)
2. Exhale and recline on the back. (Step 2) Lift the neck and the chest and arching the back up rest only the crown of the head on the floor. (Step 3) No part of the trunk should be on the floor.
3. Bend the arms at the elbows. Hold with the right hand the left upper arm near the elbow and with the left hand the right upper arm near the elbow. Rest the folded arms on the floor behind the head. (Step 4)
4. keep in the posture for a minute with even and steady breathing.
5. Inhale, rest the trunk and neck on the floor, release the hands and sit up in Virasana. (Step 1)
6. Then stiff the legs one by one, lie flat on the back and relax.