also knowns as Vrikshasana or Tree Pose is a balancing asana. It is one of the very few standing poses. Vrkasana details are provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Curve the right leg at the knee joint and put the right heel at the root of the left thigh. Relax the foot on the left thigh, toes facing downwards.
3. Stabilize on the left leg, join the palms and Hold up the arms straight over the head. (Step 2)
4. Hold for a few seconds in the Posture breathing deeply. Then lower the arms and separate the palms, straighten the right leg and stand again in Tadasana.
5. Cycle the posture, standing on the right leg, putting the left heel at the root of the right thigh. Hold for the same period of time on both sides,come back to Tadasana (Step 1) and relax.
Vrkasana helps Strengthens thighs, calves, ankles, and spine, Stretches the groins and inner thighs, chest and shoulders, Improves sense of balance, Relieves sciatica and reduces flat feet. Vrkasana is Yoga for legs.