also known as Side-Reclining Leg Lift. Ananta is a name of Visnu and also of Visnu's couch, the serpent Sesa. The pose is found in the temple dedicated to Lord Ananta padmanabha (padma = lotus : nabha =navel) of Trivandrum in South India. Anantasana details provided to you by YogaIQ
1. Lie flat on the back.(Step 1) Exhale, turn to the left and rest the body, keeping the side in contact with the floor.
2. lift the head, extent the left forearm above the head in line with the body, curve the left hand joint , lift the forearm and put the head on the left palm which should be fixed above the ear. (Step 2) Stay in this posture for a few seconds with either normal or deep breaths.
3. curve the right leg joint and hold the right big toe with the right thumb and the fore and middle fingers. (Step 3)
4. breath out, stretch the right arm and leg up vertically together. (Step 4) Hold the pose from 15 to 20 seconds with normal breathing.
5. Exhale, bend the right knee and return to the position described in Step 2.
6. pared down the head from the left palm and turn over on the back. (Step 1).
7. redo the posture on the other side for the same period of time and then rest.
Anantasana tones the abdominal muscles, therefore improving digestion. Anantasana stretches and strengthens the sides of your torso. The spine as well as the leg muscles become more flexible.The hamstrings also get stretched and strengthened.You lose weight in your hips and thighs.There is better circulation in your legs. Anantasana also helps in the development of the pelvic region. Anantasana helps cure hypertension, arthritis, colitis, hypertension, and sciatica. Anantasana helps relieve stress and tension. Anantasana also helps cure disorders related to the uterus, urinary bladder, ovaries, and prostate. Anantasana is Yoga For hypertension.