also known as Bharadvaja's Twist. Bharadvajasana is dedicated to Bharadvaja , who was father of Drona. Bharadvajasana details provided to you by YogaIQ
1. Stay on the floor with the feet extended straight in front. (Step 1)
2. stretch the knee joints, drag the legs back and bring both feet to the right side of the hip.
3. Rest the buttocks on the floor, turn the torso about 45 degrees to the left, stiff the right arm and place the right hand on the outer side of the left thigh near the left knee joint. Insert the right hand underneath the left knee joint, the palm touching the floor.
4. breath out, turn the left arm from the shoulder behind the back, bend the left elbow and with the left hand clasp the right upper arm above the right elbow.
5. Turn the neck to the right and see over the right shoulder. (Steps 2 and 3)
6. Stay in that posture for half a minute with deep breathing in and breathing out.
7. release the hand grasp, straighten the feet and again do the posture on the other side. Here, bring both the feet beside the left hip, turn the torso to the right, straighten the left arm, place the left palm underneath the right knee and catch the left upper arm near the elbow with the right hand from behind the back. Stay there for an equal length of time.
Bharadvajasana works on the dorsal and lumbar regions of the spine. Bharadvajasana Stretches the spine, shoulders, and hips. Bharadvajasana massages the abdominal organs. Bharadvajasana Relieves lower backache, neck pain, and sciatica. Bharadvajasana Helps relieve stress, Improves digestion, especially good in the second trimester of pregnancy for strengthening the lower back Bharadvajasana Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome. Bharadvajasana helps to make the back supple. People with arthritis will find Bharadvajasana very beneficial. Bharadvajasana is Yoga For Lower Back.