Bharadvajasan is a SANSKRIT word that means Bhardvaja means “bringing about nourishment” and “Asana” is “Pose”. Bharadvajasna is a great Maharshi Bharadvaja, father of Guru Drona. Maharshi Bharadvaja was brilliant and passionate about learning the Vedas and he spent his three lifetimes studying them.
Start with sitting in dandasana. turn the knees to bring the leg backward placing the knees on the ground. now your both legs are straight out in front of you. You have to keep your spine and legs straight. Keep your both hands along with your body and your palms should touch the floor. to bend your left leg from the knee and keep it onto your thigh in a way that the sole of your left leg faces the top view. then fold your right knee and keep it in the Thunderbolt Pose. the sole of your leg ought to confront upwards and the upper side of your leg ought to touch the floor. Ensure that your back is straight. keep the palm of your right hand on your left knee. slowly twist your left hand from behind the body and try to touch your right leg at this time look behind. hold this position for 15 to 20 seconds. Now slowly breathe out and relax the body. and the same steps follow with the other side of the hands.
Benefits of Bharadvajasan yoga:
There are the most health benefits of Bharadvajasan yoga are,
1. Bharadvajasan yoga helps to relieve pain and stiffness in the shoulders, lower back, and neck.
2. This pose helps to keep the spine and shoulder supple.
3. This asana helps to gently massage the organs of abdominal.
4. Bharadvajasan yoga helps to improve the strong digestive system.
5. Bharadvajasan helps to reduce the extra fat and belly fat. and fit the body.
6. This pose is the best exercise for blood circulation in the body. it provides oxygen to all inner organs.
7. Bharadvajasan yoga helps to reduce mental stress and anxiety and feel the positive energy in the body.
8. This asana helps to reduce Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Step by step Bharadvajasana yoga:
1. Stay on the floor with the feet extended straight in front. (Step 1)
2. stretch the knee joints, drag the legs back and bring both feet to the right side of the hip.
3. Rest the buttocks on the floor, turn the torso about 45 degrees to the left, stiff the right arm and place the right hand on the outer side of the left thigh near the left knee joint. Insert the right hand underneath the left knee joint, the palm touching the floor.
4. breath out, turn the left arm from the shoulder behind the back, bend the left elbow and with the left hand clasp the right upper arm above the right elbow.
5. Turn the neck to the right and see over the right shoulder. (Steps 2 and 3)
6. Stay in that posture for half a minute with deep breathing in and breathing out.
7. release the hand grasp, straighten the feet and again do the posture on the other side. Here, bring both the feet beside the left hip, turn the torso to the right, straighten the left arm, place the left palm underneath the right knee and catch the left upper arm near the elbow with the right hand from behind the back. Stay there for an equal length of time.