also known as Bridge Pose. Setu means a bridge. Setu bandha means the construction of a bridge.In this posture, the whole body forms an arch and is supported at one end by the crown of the head and at the other on the feet, hence the name. Setu Bandhasana details provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Lie flat on the back on the floor. (Step 1) Take a few deep breaths.
2. Bend the knees, widen the legs at the knees and bring the heels in towards the buttocks.
3. Keep the heels together and rest the outer sides firmly on the floor.
4. Bring the hands by the side of the head and, with an exhalation, raise the trunk and arch the body up to rest the crown of the head on the floor. (Step 2) Pull the head as far back as possible by stretching the neck up and lifting the dorsal and lumbar regions of the back off the floor.
5. Fold the arms across the chest and hold the left elbow with the right hand and the right elbow with the left hand. (Step 3) Take 2 or 3 breaths.
6. Exhale, draw the hips up (Step 4) and stretch out the legs until they are straight. (Step 5) Join the feet and press them firmly to the ground. The whole body now forms a bridge or an arch. One end of it is supported by the crown of the head and the other end on the feet.
7. Hold this position for a few seconds with normal breathing.
8. Exhale, unfold the arms and place the hands on the floor, bend the knees, lower the legs and trunk to the floor, release the head grip, straighten the neck, lie flat on the back and relax.
Setu Bandhasana Stretches the chest, neck, and spine, Calms the brain and helps alleviate stress and mild depression, Stimulates abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid, Rejuvenates tired legs, Improves digestion. Setu Bandhasana Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause, Relieves menstrual discomfort when done supported, Reduces anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia. Setu Bandhasana Therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and sinusitis. Setu Bandhasana is Yoga For Back Ache and Insomnia.