known as One-Legged Inverted Staff Pose. Eka means one and Pada a leg or foot. Viparita means reverse or inverted. Danda is a staff or rod, a symbol of authority and punishment. It also means the body. The pose is an advanced movement of Dwi Pada Viparfta Dandasana. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana details provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Perform Dwi Pada Viparfta Dandasana. (Step 1)
2. Exhale and lift the left leg up vertically while keeping the right leg on the floor in Viparita Dandasana. (Step 2)
3. Stay in this pose with normal breathing for 10 seconds.
4. Lower the left leg and come to Viparita Dandasana. Then with an exhalation, repeat the pose for an equal length or time, keeping the right leg perpendicular.
5. Come back to Viparita Dandasana and then relax on the floor.
Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana Stretches the spine and improves flexibility, Stretches wrists, arms, abdomen, and back, Opens up the chest, Improves lung capacity, Helps pituitary and thyroid function, Increases stamina, Improves digestions, Strengthens legs, arm, buttocks, back, chest, shoulders, and wrists, May relieve backache and asthma. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana also Reduces stress, Stimulates thinking, Relieves mild anxiety and depression. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana is Yoga For Asthma and Legs.