known as One-Legged Inverted Staff 2 Pose. Eka means one and Pada a leg or foot. Viparita means reverse or inverted. Danda is a staff or rod, a symbol of authority and punishment. It also means the body. The pose is an advanced movement of Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana 2 details provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Perform Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana. (Step 1)
2. Move both feet towards the head.
3. Release the fingers, spread the wrists and rest the palms on the floor.
4. With an exhalation, raise the head off the floor, extend the neck towards the legs and bring the right leg nearer to the hands.
5. Catch the right ankle with both hands and keep the entire foot on the floor. (Step 2)
6. When the grip on the ankle is firm, exhale and lift the left leg up vertically by stretching the shoulders up and extending the spine. Keep the leg up taut at the knee. (Step 3).
7. Stay in the pose from 10 to 15 seconds. Due to the contraction of the abdominal muscles, breathing will be fast and laboured.
8. Bring the left leg down to the floor.
9. Release the right ankle and catch the left one. Repeat the pose described above, now raising the right leg up vertically. Stay in the pose on the other side for the same length of time. Then lower the raised leg.
10. Release the ankle and with an exhalation swing both the legs up to Salamba Sirsasana I (Step 4), then lower them to the floor and relax. do Urdhva Dhanurasana (Step 5) and stand up in Tadasana (Step 6) .
Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana 2 Stretches the spine and improves flexibility, Stretches wrists, arms, abdomen, and back, Opens up the chest, Improves lung capacity, Helps pituitary and thyroid function, Increases stamina, Improves digestions, Strengthens legs, arm, buttocks, back, chest, shoulders, and wrists, May relieve backache and asthma. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana 2 also Reduces stress, Stimulates thinking, Relieves mild anxiety and Depression. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana 2 helps the abdominal muscles are exercised and the spine is toned. As the bending is more strenuous, the effect is correspondingly greater. Eka Pada Viparita Dandasana 2 is Yoga For Asthma and Legs.