Utthita Hasta Padangustasana is a SANSKRIT word that means Utthita means '‘stretched’ or '‘extended’' Hasta’ means to '‘hand’', Pada means ‘'foot’'
Angustha means ‘'big toe’', and Asana means ‘pose.’ This is also known as the ''standing big toe hold pose'' in English. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana is quite a challenging pranayama for stands balancing
Start the extended hand to the big toe pose in an equal situation. keep your left knee to your stomach. extend the left-side hand and catch hold of the left-side leg. Breathe in, stretch the left leg forward, and un-beat the knee fully. steady, oscillate the left side leg out to the side. breathe deeply as it assists in maintaining concentrations. Stay in 20-30 seconds to hold and start again practices.
Benefits of Utthita Hasta Padangustasana:
There are the most important health benefits of Utthita Hasta Padangustasana are,
1. Utthita hasta padangusthasana is help to increase the muscles such as calves, hamstrings, and ankles working on their elasticity. Holding and releasing the pose improves the blood flow. This asana circulates the proper oxygen and nutrition of promoting strength.
2. The deep stretches help the spine gets the maximum benefits and becomes flexible with increased elasticity.
3. Utthita hasta padangusthasana is improve the body by balancing the whole body on one leg. the regular practice of balancing poses ultimately improves the dynamic balance and ambulation.
4. This Asana helps to prevent respiratory disorders. Perform this asana pressure in the chest.
5. This asana helps to improve blood circulation in the body. it also reduces fat formation and cholesterol, heart stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases.
6. This asana helps to improve better digestion system. This asana helps in secreting digestive juices and enzymes that prevent constipation.
7. Continue practices of this asana helps to treat lower back pain.
8. Utthita hasta padangusthasana helps to increase the concentration of the mind.
9. This asana helps to improve mental health. It helps to reduce mental stress and Improves mental health mindfulness
Step by step Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana yoga:
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Exhale, raise the right leg by bending the knee and hold the big toe of the right foot between the thumb and the fore and middle fingers of the right hand.
3. Now Put the left hand on left hip and try to balance. (Step 2) Take two breaths.
4. Exhale, stretch the right leg forward and pull it. (Step 3.) Take two breaths.
5. When you are firm in this position, hold the right foot with both hands and raise it still higher. (Step 4.) Take two breaths.
6. Now, with breathing out rest the head, then the nose and lastly the chin above the right knee joint . (step 5) hold this posture and take a few deep breaths.
7. Exhale, release the hands and lower the right leg to the floor to return to Tadasana. (Step 1)
8. Repeat the pose on the other side, keeping the right leg on the floor and raising the left leg.
9. Balancing in positions 5 and 6 is difficult and cannot be attained without mastering Step 4.
15. Lie on the floor in Savasana. (Step 5)