also known as Extended Hand-to-Big-Toe Pose. Utthita means extended. Hasta means the hand. Padangustha is the big toe. This pose is done by standing on one leg, extending the other in front, holding the toe of the extended leg and resting the head on the leg. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana details are provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Exhale, raise the right leg by bending the knee and hold the big toe of the right foot between the thumb and the fore and middle fingers of the right hand.
3. Now Put the left hand on left hip and try to balance. (Step 2) Take two breaths.
4. Exhale, stretch the right leg forward and pull it. (Step 3.) Take two breaths.
5. When you are firm in this position, hold the right foot with both hands and raise it still higher. (Step 4.) Take two breaths.
6. Now, with breathing out rest the head, then the nose and lastly the chin above the right knee joint . (step 5) hold this posture and take a few deep breaths.
7. Exhale, release the hands and lower the right leg to the floor to return to Tadasana. (Step 1)
8. Repeat the pose on the other side, keeping the right leg on the floor and raising the left leg.
9. Balancing in positions 5 and 6 is difficult and cannot be attained without mastering Step 4.
Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana makes the leg muscles powerful.It Strengthens the legs and ankles. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana Stretches the backs of the legs. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana Improves sense of balance. the balance into this asana gives ones readiness and poise. Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana is Yoga For Leg Muscles.