Prasarita Padottanasana 2 is a SANSKRIT word that means Prasarita means ''wide or stretched out'', Pada means ''Foot'', Ut means ''Intense'', Tan means ''Stretch'' and Asana means ''Pose''. Prasarita padottanasana B is also known as wide-legged forward bend B.'' in English. This asana helps to open Crown Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Solar Plexus, Sacral Chakra, and Root Chakra. This pose helps to improve bathing the poor old tired brain with freshly oxygenated blood to perk it up. Accurate to prasarita weight out any weight stress in the neck.
After completion of Prasarita Padottanasana A, then start version 2 lift your hands off the floor and put them on your waist. Your elbows should point in the direction of the toes. You can fold your palm behind your backs side and make a salutation seal just behind your back. Prasarita Padottanasana B helps to give more stretch to the shoulders and the broadcaster opens the chest in addition to all the benefits of Prasarita Padottanasana A.
Benefits of Prasarita Padottanasana 2 yoga:
There are the most important health benefits of Prasarita Padottanasana are,
1. This pose helps to give more stretches to the chest and shoulders. This pose also reduces the belly fat in the upper abdomen, and it ensures deeper and fuller breaths.
2. Prasarita Padottanasana 2 is active muscles that stimulate the internal organs like the digestive system and reproductive system and better work functioning of the internal organs, and it gives more energized to the body. It helps to fit the body physically and mentally.
3. This pose helps to stretch the muscles to get toned and gain better strength and stability. this pose toned the muscles and the respective internal organs and spine remained fit and protected.
4. Prasarita Padottanasana 2 continues to practice it helps to keep a balance in the variation of the hands and hips. This pose helps to have a better focus on feet, hips, and breath.
5. When Prasarita Padottanasana 2 practices intense stretch and pressure are felt in the hip flexors, lower back, neck, and head, this forward bend pose can be included in Therapeutic Yoga. It helps to reduce the problems of the lower back, neck, head, and Abdomen problems.
Step by step Prasarita Padottanasana 2 yoga:
1 . Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1 )
2 . Breath in, place the hands on the waist and spread the legs apart 4 to 5 feet. (Step 2)
3. Stiffen the legs by drawing up the knee-caps. Breath out and place the palms on the floor in line with the shoulders in between the feet. (Step 3)
4. Breath in and raise the head up, keeping the back concave. (Side viewStep 4 and 5)
5. Breath Out, bend the elbows and rest the crown of the head on the floor. Here the hands are placed on the waist instead of on the floor (Step 6), or are folded at the back as if one is doing 'namaste' behind the back (step 7).
6. hold in the posture for half a minute, breathing deeply and steadily.
7. Breath in, raise the head from the floor and straighten the arms at the elbows. Hold the head well up by making the back concave as in step 4 (Step 3)
8. Breath out and stand as in position 2. (Step 2)
9. Jump back to Tadasana. (Step 1)