Also Known as Chair Pose. Utkata means powerful, fierce, uneven. This asana is like sitting on an imaginary chair. Utkatasana 2 details provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stand in Tadasana (Step 1), stretch the arms down over the head and join the palms. (Step 2)
2. Breath out, bend the knees and lower the trunk till the thighs are parallel to the floor. (Step 3)
3. Do not stoop forward, but keep the chest as far back as possible and inhale and exhale normally.
4. Stay in the pose for a few seconds, 30 being enough. It is difficult to balance in this pose.
5. Breath in, straighten the legs (Step 4), lower the arms, come back to Tadasana (Step 1) and loosen up.
Utkatasana pose removes stiffness in the shoulders and corrects any minor deformities in the legs. Daily practice of Utkatasana makes ankles strong and the leg muscles develop evenly. The posture is lifted up and this gives a gentle massage to the heart. Utkatasana 3 is good for abdominal organs and the back are toned, and the chest is developed by being fully expanded. Utkatasana is a beneficial pose for horsemen.