also known as Warrior Pose is an asana commemorating the exploits of a mythical warrior This asana is dedicated to the powerful hero created by Lord Shiva from his matted hair. Virabhadrasana 1 details are provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Raise both arms above the head, stretch up and join the palms.(Step 2)
3. Take a deep inhalation and with a jump spread the legs apart sideways 4 to 4 feet.
4. Exhale, turn to the right. synchronously turn the right foot 90 degrees to the right and the left foot little to the right. (Step 3) Stretch the right knee till the right thigh is parallel to the floor and the right shin perpendicular to the floor, forming a right angle between the right thigh and the right shin. The angled knee should not extend beyond the ankle, but should be parallel with the heel.
5. Extend out the left leg and stiff at the knee.
6. The face, chest and right knee joint should face the same way as the right foot, as illustrated. Throw the head up, extend the spine from the coccyx and look at the joined palms. (Step 4)
7. Keep the pose from 20 seconds to half a minute with normal breathing.
8. Repeat on the left side as in Step 1 to 4, reversing all processes.
9. Exhale and jump back to Tadasana. (Step 1)
In this pose the chest is fully expanded and this helps deep breathing. It relieves stiffness in shoulders and back, tones up the ankles and knees and cures stiffness of the neck. It stimulates the metabolism as well as restores the spine. Virabhadrasana 1 helps ease out frozen shoulders. It also reduces fat round the hips. Virabhadrasana 1 is Yoga For Body Stiffness.