also known as Warrior 2 Pose is an asana commemorating the exploits of a mythical warrior This asana is dedicated to the powerful hero created by Lord Shiva from his matted hair. Virabhadrasana 2 details are provided to you by YogaIQ.
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Take a deep breathing in, and with a jump spread the legs apart sideways 4 to 4 feet. lift the arms sideways in line with the shoulders, palms facing down. (Step 2).
3. Turn the right foot sideways 90 degrees to the right and the left foot slightly to the right, keeping the left leg stretched out and tightened at the knee joint. Extend the hamstring muscles of the left foot.
4. Breath out and bend the right knee till the right thigh is vertical to the floor, keeping the right shin perpendicular to the floor, thus forming a right angle between the right thigh and the right shin. The curved knee should not stretch beyond the ankle, but should be in line with the heel. (Step 3).
5. Extend out the hands sideways, as though two persons are dragging you from opposite ends.
6. Turn your face to the right and look at the right palm. Extend the back muscles of the left leg fully. The back of the legs, the dorsal part and the hips should be in one line.
7. Hold this posture from 20 seconds to half a minute with deep breathing. Breath in and return to step 2.
8. Turn the left foot sideways 90 degrees to the left and the right foot slightly to the left, flex the left knee and continue from steps 1 to 3 on the left side, reversing all processes.
9. Inhale, again come back to step 2. Exhale and jump back to Tadasana. (Step 1)
Virabhadrasana 2 helps the leg muscles become shapely and stronger. It relieves cramp in the calf and thigh muscles, brings elasticity to the leg and back muscles and also tones the abdominal organs. which can then be acquired with ease. Virabhadrasana 2 helps Relieves backaches, especially through second trimester of pregnancy. Virabhadrasana 2 helps Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, and sciatica. Virabhadrasana 2 is Yoga For Infertility and Sciatica.