Virabhadrasana is a SANSKRIT word, that means Vir means Brave or warrior, Bhadra means Blessed or fortune, and Asana means Pose. This pose performs the balancing work of creating stillness in the mind, building up work focus, stability, and power that improves the body's mental strength as well as physical health.
This pose is the best for developing body balance and more about body positioning. This pose is prepared as per god shiva, the warrior virbhadra was created by Lord Shiva, Symbolizing our inner ability to overcome ego and ignorance. It is also known as Warrior II.
Virabhadrasana II perform a take Mountain pose and keep your 4 feet distance between your two legs. now bend slowly and bend down a little and right leg knee 90 degrees and keep your left leg straight; parallel to the floor. Keep your arms parallel to the floor side with wide apart. Your palms should face downwards. Keep some space between your right thigh bone and hips. Hold this position a few times and then repeat the same pose on another side.
Benefits of Virabhadrasana II Yoga:
There are the most important health benefits of Virabhadrasana II Yoga,
1. It may help to increase stamina in the body. Warrior II asana is the best for increased stamina level and boosting energy level.
2. This pose may help to improve the knees and ankles problems. While performing this asana body stretches your knees and ankles. it may help to strengthen the knees and ankles.
3. Warrior II asana helps to improve blood circulation in the body and control the respiratory system.
4. Continues practices of this asana help to relieve backache and it may help to improve sciatica, osteoporosis, and carpal tunnel syndrome problems.
5. In the early morning, performing this asana increased the energy level in the body. It helps to work efficiently the whole day.
6. Warrior II asana helps to develop concentration. and it may increase sharp memory power.
7. This pose helps to open the hips and chest.
8. Continues performing this asana it may help to strengthen your legs.
9. This asana is the best for pregnant women. Pregnant women should perform with the help of a Yoga master only.
10. This pose looks like a soldier so it's also called as Warrior 2 pose. This asana is one of the best effective yoga poses to strengthen the arms, legs, and abdomen areas. Everyone should perform under the instruction of a yoga master.
Step by step Virabhadrasana 2 yoga
1. Stand in Tadasana. (Step 1)
2. Take a deep breathing in, and with a jump spread the legs apart sideways 4 to 4 feet. lift the arms sideways in line with the shoulders, palms facing down. (Step 2).
3. Turn the right foot sideways 90 degrees to the right and the left foot slightly to the right, keeping the left leg stretched out and tightened at the knee joint. Extend the hamstring muscles of the left foot.
4. Breath out and bend the right knee till the right thigh is vertical to the floor, keeping the right shin perpendicular to the floor, thus forming a right angle between the right thigh and the right shin. The curved knee should not stretch beyond the ankle, but should be in line with the heel. (Step 3).
5. Extend out the hands sideways, as though two persons are dragging you from opposite ends.
6. Turn your face to the right and look at the right palm. Extend the back muscles of the left leg fully. The back of the legs, the dorsal part and the hips should be in one line.
7. Hold this posture from 20 seconds to half a minute with deep breathing. Breath in and return to step 2.
8. Turn the left foot sideways 90 degrees to the left and the right foot slightly to the left, flex the left knee and continue from steps 1 to 3 on the left side, reversing all processes.
9. Inhale, again come back to step 2. Exhale and jump back to Tadasana. (Step 1)